How to limit iPhone app tracking
1) Conduct an app census. In iOS 12, go to Settings, then Privacy, coque silicone j3 samsung and turn off location services for apps that don’t really need it especially the ones that asked to access it “always.” (This https://www.anten.fr/collections/coque-samsung-note is key because coque mickey mouse samsung j3 2016 apps will wake up https://www.artcorekirbies.fr/collections/coque-samsung-s6 periodically if you give them “always” location access.”)[Help Desk: Ask our tech columnist a question]
Go through the same process for other sensitive information, such as contacts and health data as well as access to your microphone and camera.
Even better: Just delete coque samsung j5 2016 religieux any apps you don’t use regularly.
2) Turn https://www.simonjara.fr/collections/coque-autres-galaxy-samsung on “limit ad coque marque samsung j3 2017 tracking.” Go to Settings, then coque clapet samsung a70 Privacy and coque samsung j3 6 2016 bague look all the way at the bottom under the heading “Advertising.” Turning on “limit ad tracking” won’t stop all this unwanted behavior, but it does put up a speed bump.
3) Get Disconnect’s free Privacy Pro for iOS. This app tallies and limits many trackers, kind of like a tracker blocker you add to a Web browser except for your entire phone. It might interfere with the function of some apps, but Privacy coque originale samsung j5 2017 Pro’s makers try coque anneau samsung j5 2017 to strike a balance between privacy and functionality. (You https://www.sushicube.fr/collections/coque-huawei-pro don’t need to pay for the coque rose samsung j3 2016 subscription version unless you also want a virtual private network, or VPN, to help keep coque samsung galaxy j3 2016 liquide your data secret from your coque samsung j5 2017 be happy Internet service provider.)
What about Android users Samsung phone owners can download a version of Disconnect’s software called Pro Privacy and coque samsung j4 plus d Performance for $25 from the Galaxy Apps store. The Android app isn’t available in the wider Play Store, due to restrictions by coque samsung galaxy j3 starbucks Google.
4) Turn off “background refresh” on apps. Go samsung j3 coque marbre to Settings, then General and then coque samsung j5 2017 rabat original Background App Refresh. Switching off access for apps will prevent them from sending out data while you sleep at night but won’t necessarily stop them from sharing your data with third parties while you use their apps. (Manually force closing apps won’t help stop tracking by apps that you’ve allowed coque samsung galaxie https://www.lastage.fr/collections/coque-samsung-j5 j3 cheval background refresh access.)
5) Use Apple’s first party apps. Apple holds its own services, such as Photos and Maps, to a higher privacy standard than other apps. In most cases, it encrypts your data and tries to minimize collecting it in the first place…